Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Western Civilization in a Global Context
See the library's citation guide page for common citation style guides, paper formatting examples, and sample annotated bibiographies.
Current Ouachita students, faculty, and staff may access the library's licensed databases and e-journals on and off campus.
To access licensed databases and e-journal resources remotely:
- Go to the library's web site or a LibGuide.
- Click on a licensed database or e-journal resource. An OBU login page will display.
- Enter your OBU user name and password (ones used for OBU e-mail account). The system will connect to the resource.
To access another licensed database or e-journal resource:
- Click your browser's back arrow to navigate to the resource.
- Click on the resource's link.
To end a remote session:
If you experience issues with remote access:
- Make sure your browser software is up-to-date and able to accept cookies.
- Confirm that your network firewall settings allow access to the library’s web site.
- Call IT Services at 870-245-5567 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with Your Librarians